Get into position
Use a position that prevents your child from wiggling while giving you a free hand to move
their lips or cheeks so you can see. Here are some proven positions that work:
Attack plaque from the back!
- Stand behind rather than in front of your child (you may have to get down on one knee).
- Have your child tilt his or her chin up and look at the sky.
- Rest your child’s head against your shoulder or against your upper arm.
- Place your arms on either side of your child’s head.
- Use the hand not holding the toothbrush to pull back your child’s lips or cheek so you
As your child grows, you may find it easier to sit on a chair or couch and have your child
sit on the floor between your legs, with his or her head tilted back